If you find yourself struggling between what you want to do, what you should do, and your emotional impulses, take a moment and ask yourself the following questions:
(1) Why do you feel the way you do?
(2) What part of it is the one that is making you feel that way?
(3) What did you expect?
(4) What are you expecting if things change?
(5) Will it be better if you make the change, or will you be carrying the burden with you?
(6) Deep inside of you, what do you want?
(7) Are you doing things for yourself?
(8) Are you doing things to please someone else?
(9) If you follow your wants, will you be in a better place emotionally, mentally, and physically?
(10) Is it worth it?
These ten questions will help you create a road map where reasonable and logical blueprints will align with the things your want, need and expect to make better decisions.